Thursday, January 11, 2018

Learning about King Benjamin's Speech, Book of Mormon Mosiah chapters 2-5

While teaching my Book of Mormon Seminary Students about King Benjamin's Speech, I noticed how much doctrine King Benjamin covered.  As a review I divided up the verses and had the students write down all the different doctrines on a tent.  They each came up and shared the doctrine with the class and placed it in front of the temple. 

Here's a closer view of the the tents.  Notice that the door is on the opposite side so that it faces the temple.



I gave a cut out of a temple to each student.  You could actually give them a couple if you would like.  Then have them search chapters 2-5 to see what doctrine that they can find.  You can divide the chapters up between the students.

Here is a copy of the tents.  To print it out just click on it to make it large.  Then right click to save it into your pictures, or copy and paste it.


For the temple I used white poster board.  For the grass I used green poster board.  Here is a printout for the ladder and for King Benjamin.


The lesson really went well.    I hope that they can remember that King Benjamin's speech is a good place to turn to if they are looking for doctrine.










No comments:

Post a Comment