Thursday, February 12, 2015

Draw the Scriptures for Seminary - D&C 89 The Word of Wisdom



I know that my students have had numerous lessons on keeping the Word of Wisdom.  I thought that it would be fun to have each student draw one of the scriptures from this section.  I made a sheet for each of the scriptures and then had them color it while I gave the lesson.  I took the drawings home that night and scanned them all and then put the drawings on my I-phone.  The next day I showed them on my projector while one of the students read each verse. 

If you would like to do this in your classroom I have a master copy that you can use because I did keep of copy of each verse.  An idea that you could use is to have each student write in the verse that they were assigned with their picture.


Master Copy:




Cover Page:








Here's how my class' turned out:







As you can see, some students did a great job, others, maybe not so much.  But it broke up a the monotony of a lesson every day, and it was fun. 

****2019 Update****

I did this again with my students and I thought that it went very well.  I taught the lesson while they drew.  Here is a link to my 2019 class' version.


No comments:

Post a Comment