Monday, July 16, 2018

Lamanite Lemonites - Make Lemonites out of Lemons


Alma 23-27
The people of Ammon and the Lamanite conversion. 


Every year I get a ton of lemons from our lemon tree.


I literally had a wheelbarrow full of lemons.  I had made lemon juice.  I had made lemon candy.  I had made lemon squares.  I still had a ton of leftover lemons, so when I saw lemonites on the 

LDS Seminary Teacher Group page

I just HAD to do it!  I know that it's not as spiritual as most lessons, but once in a little while it's nice to do something fun.

Here's how we did it.

List of supplies:
colored feathers
pipe cleaners
small dixie cups
toothpicks
small marshmallows
adhesive googly eyes (I did not want to use a glue gun)

The adhesive googly eyes came in a package that I got at Walmart
 but here is a link on Amazon.

The students had a great time.



As the students made the Lemonites I gave the lesson.


I really tried to give it the twist of making something sweet out of something sour.  I made this handout to go with the lesson.  Each student was to write a way that they could make a sour problem into a sweet problem.  It's a way of looking at problems as a growth experience for our good.  

 I printed them out on yellow paper.




I had the students fill out the lemons with ideas.  
We put the lemons on our tree of life that I had on our bulletin board.


I also served them some lemonade


with some lemon squares


and even some lemon peel candy  







2 comments:

  1. What do the lemons say on them. They are to small. Did the students write how to be converted, what it means to be a "lemon", or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea was to make something sweet from something sour. I asked the students to write down ways that we can take a problem or a situation and make it better. Being a lemonite is being someone who looks at the good things in life. I hope this helps.

      Delete